3 steps to creating a Radio Commercial
Step 1: Research
- Re-read the Project Brief and watch the introductory video again, here: http://www.u-create.net/nottinghamshire-police-ks2/
- Make a note of the key pieces of information which must be included.
- Take a look at the links and resources. Click here to see where the links and resources show on the page.
- Watch the ‘Creative Writers’ Top Tips’ video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3TM6FvoPck
- Listen to previous winners. What was their message? Which of the tips did they use?
Step 2: Write
- Use the Script Template. Download it here.
- Brainstorm script ideas in your group.
- Once you’ve got a good idea, start to write your script, making sure the important information from the video brief is included.
- Time your script by reading it aloud – you may find you’ll need to write some more if it’s too short or take something out of your script because it’s too long.
- Decide who’s doing which bit and practice, practice, practice.
Step 3: Record
- Find somewhere quiet to record your voices.
- Find appropriate music or sound effects from the Sound Library (remember you can’t use copyright music). You’ll need my login to get to the sound library. Alternatively, you can explore the YouTube Sound Library.
- Edit it all together using Audacity.